You all know that English saying: “No news is good news.”
No news is good news.
Some definitions/explanations from various dictionaries:
– Having no information means that bad developments are unlikely, as in I haven’t heard from them in a month, but no news is good news. This proverbial phrase may have originated with King James I of England, who allegedly said “No news is better than evil news” (1616).
(The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms)
– Not hearing any news signifies that nothing is wrong.
(McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs)
– A lack of information about a situation suggests that nothing bad has happened.
– Something that you say when you have not spoken to someone or heard any information about them and you are hoping that this is because nothing bad has happened to them, as in I haven’t heard from Johnny for over a week now but I suppose no news is good news.
(Cambridge Idioms Dictionary)
– Said to make someone feel less worried when they have not received information about someone or something, because if something bad had happened, they would have been told about it, as in We haven’t heard anything from the hospital today, but I suppose no news is good news.
(Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary & Thesaurus)
We haven’t had any news of PSH for a while. What is he doing? Where is he? How is he? Why hasn’t he appeared? When will he surface?
We don’t know. We won’t speculate or jump to conclusions.
And we don’t publish unsubstantiated rumors or create controversies or say/do something to goad him into action.
PSH is not an airhead; he knows what he should do or not do. Well, most of the time anyway. He’s a survivor, so we don’t doubt he will make his comeback in his own time.
BUT, having said that, speaking from the point of view of fans, we would like to know: What the heck are you doing, PSH? Don’t you know your “[an]other family” is concerned about your well-being? Even if you are not at liberty to disclose your next move, can’t you at least post a few words or a couple of photos on Weibo, Twitter, Facebook, JOFC, SHR, whatever?
And what is the use of your management company Hoo Factory? We see 3 names under HF in ENISHI, so presumably it is staffed. Is your staff earning their keep? Isn’t an actor’s MC supposed to liaise with fans, to keep them updated, to make announcements, to keep fans happy? HF hasn’t even updated Facebook or Twitter in ages.
Communication is the key. If communication breaks down, relationships end. To be brutally frank with you: you’re losing fans — because you’re not keeping them as you should (even though we work our socks off and do our darnedest for you.)
We have an American member who was one of the earliest to join PSH4U. She never left a comment but she carried on a regular correspondence with us. She said she loved to read what we wrote, but she’s not sure whether she’s a PSH fan or a PSH4U fan. Of course she’s a PSH fan (even if she didn’t know it.) But she’s gone now. And there’s another Australian lady who’s very shy but caring. She could read our mood perfectly. Every time someone wrote something unpleasant on our blog, she would immediately e-mail to give us moral support. We don’t think she is with us anymore. We can go on to cite another dozen or more such cases.
We’re hanging in here. Do you realize how difficult it is to keep this blog going? To publish at least 3 posts each day to entertain your fans? To work minor miracles of 5 loaves and 3 fishes every day, that is, create something out of practically nothing?
We’re not complaining because we’re operating this blog for you of our own accord. You’re not even aware of our existence. We work very hard for you because we always work hard for causes we believe in.
We came close to shutting down several times in the past year — because of family illness. We grit our teeth and soldiered on in the face of death because we still felt you’re worth it.
So, Park Si Hoo:
[ED: This is the only post we’ve ever published in our 3 2/3 years of existence that does not have a PSH photo, and the implication is obvious.]
(Credits: Photos from the internet. Thanks!)Share this post @
Follow us @